Wednesday, May 12, 2010

From 1-10 in a flash!


Thirteen days ago, we embarked on a great adventure - a 10-day road trip from Colorado to the Central Coast of California and Las Vegas.

I've been back at home now for 3 days and I just can't believe it went by in such a flash!

We left on Friday April 30th at 4am in the morning with great excitement and very little sleep. (I always tell myself that I will finish all the packing for a trip the weekend before we leave, but as usual, we had to scramble the night before to throw everything into our suitcases.)

As we got on the I25 North towards Wyoming, I decided on our trip anthem - after all, every good road trip has a great theme song! My choice was P Diddy's "Hello, Good Morning". It just seemed right because it makes me want to shake what my momma gave me and it did feel like it was going to be a Good Morning - in fact, it was going to be a GREAT morning and we were going to have a few of them in a row. 

10 Days later, our trip back home from Las Vegas, was met with a lot less excitement and I didn't even feel like listening to our anthem, or any other song, for that matter. On the way back I was thinking about real life back home and work that waited for me. I also thought back with fondness about all the great things we did, moments shared, food eaten, wine consumed and sites visited. I loved it all - the good and the bad. (unfortunately a few bad things did happen, but I'll tell you about that later - nothing serious, but just not pleasant).

Below are some photos of all the states we entered on our trip. Unfortunately I missed Wyoming, but it was still dark outside and really too early to be that quick with the camera. (Oh oops, yes, I also don't have one for California....mmmm)


Entering Mormon Country


Heading for Viva Las Vegas!


Heading back home - blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment